Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Mustard Seed

Mustard Seed
Well K and I are signed up to go to this Mustard Seed camp with Teen Missions. Some of you might have heard about Teen Missions, they send thousands of teenagers all over the world every summer. Theoretically, I've got some issues with the approach that they have for sending students on mission trips. However, at least one person I've talked to had a phenomenal experience with Teen Missions. During her Boot Camp, God grabbed her life for the first time ever. And she has held on tight since then, and currently serves as one of our middle school leaders at GCC. So although I might not agree with the mobilization process that Teen Missions uses, I certainly cannot, and will not, deny that they can, and are, drawing students closer to Jesus.
Frankly, I'm a little worried about this Mustard Seed camp. No electricity, no cell phones, no pagers, no literature other than the Bible, no shorts, etc. It is a real boot camp. I think I'm too soft for it. Hopefully, K and I will both love it and all those other silly worries will just fade away. I have always said it would be a great experience for my kids to experience another country or culture. This is along the same lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment