Sunday, May 02, 2004

Missions Prep #3 Update
We had our #3 prep mtg on Saturday night, easily the best one yet... So much energy, kids in tune with seeking God and being used by Him this summer, very neat and encouraging to see. We handed out the financials so people could see who and how much had been given to their support. To me, that's when the trip becomes real. When you have sent out your letters and money starts coming in. No turning back, it's a reality.
We then did the Myers Briggs test and talked about giftedness and unity from Romans 12. Then looked at the Hardy Personality and then looked at Phil 2 and Christ's attitude towards others. This was the first time I had ever used the Hardy Personality to prepare teams and I was astounded. Wow, what a tool. My team could have talked about those for probably another hour, easily. And they were so excited at the level of depth we were getting to as a team. Statements like, "This is so cool, I'm really getting to know you guys," were said over and over. It was really neat. I wish I had found that thing years ago. I asked one of my NYC team members to adapt it and make it test with a scaling, like from 0-10, fill in where you are at from the basic idea of each question. That would be even better. It's two great great teams that have come together.
Our intro idea was this - from CS Lewis:
For the Christian, there are strictly speaking, no chances. A secret master of ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples, ‘You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you,’ can truly say to every group of Christian friends, ‘You have not chosen one another, but I have chosen you for one another.’ The friendship is not a reward for our discrimination and good taste in finding one another out. It is the instrument which God reveals to us to each the beauties of all the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment