Monday, November 15, 2004

Better Late Than Never

I'm working through three books right now. What I like to do when I read something seriously is take notes of the book, outlining it and typing down verbatim quotes or paragraphs. I know, its kind of anal.
Anyway, two of my good friends recently read A New Kind of Christian. I know, I'm like decades late. I like it, but for some reason, I don't feel like raving about it like these two guys have. I don't know, I think it's just me.
I'm also typing in some notes from Uprising. This is the third time I have read it, and it's only starting to make some sense to me now. I do like this idea of the character matrix though, and reading it with that in light has helped.
And for some kind of psuedo career development, I'm reading First, Break All The Rules. It is very, very good. Just reading right now, no notes yet.
I will probably post some notes from these books eventually and, of course, make some observations about mobilizing students for mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment