Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Growing It

Since aerating my lawn last week, I've been thinking a lot more about this idea of organic spiritual growth, very much related to another post about spiritual growth and the farm vs. the factory.

After aerating my lawn last weekend, I spread fertilizer and grass seed. Then I put down Miracle Grow grass food. And so far this week, I've been watering the lawn every single day, and been checking to see if any new grass has sprouted. I think some of my efforts are actually working. You can see some of the really green grass in the middle of this picture.

I was also reminded tonight when the girls and I went on a walk with some friends down to the river where they live. Along the rocks were various growths of moss, grass and small little plants. Isn't that an interesting picture of growth? Some things will refuse to not grow. Some things will root anywhere.

Here is a flower from our dogwood tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment