Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Not too many more straws

Sorry for the lack of insight on this blog lately. Work has been all consuming for all of April. This morning I checked my outbox on my email for my day job. There was two days this month I had not sent any email - 4/2 (on a high school retreat) and 4/17. Is that ridiculous?

People at work are really starting to feel it too. This week, tensions have been high, people have been complaining, not much grace abounds there. I know I'm the most guilty.

What troubles me is that I know that the pace of my personality has changed from being 'on' all the time. I can tell that I'm not as patient, calm or kind as I usually am. Unfortunately, I am being changed by the culture of my day, which is even more madding.

That's it though, isn't it? One of our biggest struggles --
So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life--your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life--and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. 2Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
- Romans 12:1-2, The Msg

No comments:

Post a Comment