Friday, April 08, 2005

On Tap for this weekend

The wife is away at a scrapbooking weekend, should be quite fun for her. Tonight, I'm taking the girlies to International Day at K's school. That should be fun. Then dropping them off at Grannys, where they will be all weekend. I'm torn, half of me is looking forward to the break from them, the other half wishes I could spend all weekend with them. Then meeting the Mrs at the hotel for the night.
Then I have to work all day Saturday on two separate releases, which is why, even if they were here, I would be preoccupied and not fully present. Ever feel like you don't like what you have to do, but you have to do it anyway? Ditto here, especially lately. I know there is a bigger purpose with work, I know that I need to be seeing it in terms of the people, how I am relating to them, how I can encourage and challenge them to think about spiritual issues. In terms of culture, there are more people from the 10/40 window in my line of work than most I think - my whole team is comprised of Indian and Chinese people. And yet my perspective in the moments there are so far from anything like this. Whats up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment