Thursday, October 14, 2004

Launch this Saturday

Our first SPACE Launch of the year is this Saturday. I'm pretty excited about it, it's always so much fun when we get kids out of the Warehouse and into the community doing something. We will be going to Helping Up Mission, helping prep and serve lunch and doing some things around their property. We have also hooked up with Habitat for Humanity to stuff around 4000 envelopes for them. I think its a good balance, providing both some indirect and direct serving of the homeless, with approaches from two different ministries.
I'm also excited because everytime I take students out of the Warehouse, whether for just a day to serve, an evening to meet and talk about serving, or a week for a missions trip somewhere, there is a feeling, an energy, a aura. I know it sounds weird. I get a serious rush when I am involved in something intentional, missional, where students are engaged to serve and minister in ways that are out of the ordinary.
My other goals for this Saturday:
- for kids to really engage people that are homeless
- for all of us to understand a little bit better how blessed we are - AND - that God blesses us so that we will bless others
- see that they can engage in service as a lifestyle choice and not just a once in a while decision
- get to know some middle schoolers so they have a vision for this when they get to high school

No comments:

Post a Comment