Thursday, August 11, 2005

With Leaders Like These...

I'm in the process of trying to close out the SPACE 2004-2005 school year. Yup, it's kind of a lost cause. 2005-2006 is already brimming with loads of possibilities, and I'm pretty toasty from Brasil. But its okay. In the meantime, I've had a tremendous summer. And most of what has made it for me has been the phenomenal leaders I've had the true privilege of working with.

These guys and gals score every time. They are engaged, they are learners, they take great notes. They live out loud, they know Jesus is worth it, and they see such potential in young people. They serve and serve and serve, without any regard for their own time, ego or well being. They love kids over and over. They stop and listen for what God is saying to them. They know that the next generation must care about the world. What they believe is integrated with how they live. They are ambassadors, hosts, shepherds, mobilizers, counselors, friends. They will do anything, and not only do it, but ask about what needs to be done next. Warm, gentle, well spoken, they all have a great sense of humor (especially to put up with me.) Reliable, dependable, trustworthy. I think enough of them to ask them to travel with me, to herd a group of kids, to teach, model, encourage, inspire. These guys and gals have made my summer. With leaders like these, who needs students...

Photos: The Brasil lead team - FZ, JAB and LB. Three of the CMTS lead team - ELB, NLind and MR.

No comments:

Post a Comment