Monday, March 27, 2006

How Do People Do This?

I've been skimming along with a pastor-type guy in Columbus, Ohio via his blog. Mark Palmer. It's absolutely tragic. In April of 2003, his wife Jennifer was diagnosed with stomach cancer. link

By August 2003, she had passed away, leaving him and their young son, Micah. link

His first night alone

What he read at her service

In Nov of 2004, he remarried.

In Jan of 2005, they found a tumor in his lower back. Turns out to be rectal cancer. link

He passed away this morning, two days after his son turned 4. It doesn't even seem right does it.

A poem he posted shortly after Jennifer passed away.
Extinguish my eyes, I'll go on seeing you,
Seal my ears, I'll go on hearing you,
And without feet, I can make my way to you,
Without a mouth, I can swear your name.

Break off my arms, and I will take hold of you with my heart
as with a hand.
Stop my heart, and my brain will start to beat.
And if you consume my brain with fire,
I will feel you burn in every drop of my blood.

- from the Book of Hours: Love Poems To God

No comments:

Post a Comment