Thursday, February 24, 2005

My tech tools

Well I'm sitting here in the snow, refreshing a UPS tracking page at least every 10 minutes. I'm waiting for the delivery of a new Canon Powershot A95 digital camera. I'm looking forward to it. I had a Kodak DX4330 but it got swiped at the mall a few weeks ago.
In the meantime, I thought I would post some of the tech tools I use for ministry.
- IBM thinkpad T40 with Linksys PCMCIA wireless card
- Comcast broadband service
- Linksys wireless router
- HP Pavillion desktop with Linksys USB wireless adapter
I've had this setup for over 2 years and have had no major issues with the wireless network in my house. The SSID is not default and is not broadcasted. I also have WEP security turned on.
Some of the software I used daily:
- GAIM - multiplatform IM client
- Firefox (of course)
- VIM - text editor
- MS Office
- GIMP - photoshop substitute, I've only used it for a month or so
- Irfanview - lightweight photo tool
- Audacity - editing sound files

No comments:

Post a Comment