Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Feb again

I've come to realize that the months of February and March are going to really be rough for me every year. It reminds me of this post last year, and that Satan will use my job as a huge weapon in my life.
February is always review time, me doing reviews of my employees, as well as me getting reviews. This February also has 3 weekends of work, last February had at least two. And in the past week, stuff that should have been well prepared in advance for this coming weekend has pretty much gone down the toilet. Sigh.
Also, I got a really weird email the other day. I'm not going to go into it, but it was enough to remind me of the quote -
"Comparison, a great teacher once told me, is the cardinal sin of modern life. It traps us in a game that we can't win. Once we define ourselves in terms of others, we lose the freedom to shape our own lives." -Jim Collins
So strange. Strange enough to know that God is working through my job for one reason or another. In other words, no dream job or Jungle Cruise contract yet...
And of course, February is prime time to get summer plans for mission teams. However, I'm happy to report that out of four teams:
- #1 - is almost at the stage where kids can sign up, working overseas with a GCC missionary
- #2 - met with a potential leader this morning, and if it works out, we are going to really stretch the idea of a missions trip, while at the same time being strategic about our locality and doing some pretty awesome training in evangelism
- #3 - nailing down a date with a GCC supported missionary for a long weekend with middle school kids
- #4 - still brainstorming about a SPACE crew trip
Not bad progress for February.

No comments:

Post a Comment