Sunday, June 06, 2004

The Gap Between Me and Middle Schoolers

wow
I went to LC this morning to make an appearance to talk about the LC missions trip, just for a sec. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Theme Park Sunday... and the 5th grade kids had shown up just to get a peek for their next year in middle school. There were tons of kids there... all playing some kinds of games... and then there were these dressed up theme park creatures there... see picture... and then when the program began, there was total chaos for a few minutes when one of the leaders welcomed the new 5th graders and threw candy at them. Picture 300 middle schoolers diving off the bleachers to grab handfuls of candy. I am too old.
I think the Theme Park Sunday idea was a carry over of yesterday, when LC went to Six Flags and you couldn't go unless you brought a friend. That's cool huh?
A snippet of this morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment