Sunday, June 26, 2005

First hand account of a 'slum'

When I mention 'slum', like almost all suburbanites, I have no idea what I'm talking about. There are the facts that I know, that almost every major city in developing countries have one, that today there are around 830M people that live in those conditions everyday, by the year 2050 that number will increase to 1.6B people. But those are cerebral facts, since I've never even been close to one.
To get a first hand account, I was reading the following posts by a guy named Vikrum. They give an incredible insight not only into the conditions, but the almost intangibles like the smells, the temperature, and the extremes.
A view
Akanksha II
Akanksha I
Great narratives about some real conditions in the world that millions of people live in everyday. The next generation of Jesus followers needs to know about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment