Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Recommendation Letters

Every once in a while, students will ask me to write a recommendation letter. This week I got another request from a student who has been involved with SPACE. Most of the time, this time included, its a pleasure for me to write them. It's a neat opportunity to think about these kids, how much potential they have, how God has blessed them to bless others, and be able to totally brag about them.
This student gave me quite a packet, including:
- important things about the letter of recommendation
- a page filled with action verbs (which I'm going to keep)
- a page with colleges she is applying to, possible majors, career options, class rank and GPA
- a list of hobbies and extracurricular activities
- a resume
It will be a fun, little writing project.
A key item to being a good youthworker is the ability to relate and remember the time when you were a student. Kind of that whole relating to culture thing. I don't remember anything about my college applications, except that I know I didn't have any packet like that. Ah, those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment