Tuesday, February 17, 2004

What I really enjoy
I have to come to understand, a little bit better, that I really relish in the opportunities to take kids on these kinds of service/mission opportunities. When asked about passion, one of the questions is 'What keeps you up at night, that you dream about?' My answer, mostly, has been, taking kids on missions trips. I think Perspectives helped hone that vision and implementation, in terms of what was really "missions". But seeing what happened on Saturday, having to problem solve on the fly, seeing kids out of their elements, talking to kids about what our real goals were, actually being out 'in the field' with them, man, that was so cool stuff. I know some people would have a large amount of disdain for being with teenagers all day, having plans fall through, all the unknowns between numbers of kids, activities that might not have worked, Senior Citizen residents that loved bingo more than visitors, etc. But I think all that makes it a lot more interesting. After all, if things just flop, we can say that the whole SPACE program is just an experiement this year... No one says it has to continue... haha... of course, I'm kidding myself, and I'm kidding you.
My hope is that youthworkers all around have the same kind of motivation for the work they are doing with students. My prayer, if you are a youthworker reading this, full time or not, paid or not, whatever age, is that you are living with this kind of passion and desire that I am, that thinking about building the next generation of Kingdom seekers keeps you up at night, that God's mercy for you is so good - you HAVE to pass it on, that God is worthy of all praise and that every student should have a chance to testify to His goodness, that students are one of the best plans God has for the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment