Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Homeless Debrief
I've got the privilege to do a debriefing for a bunch of middle school kids going to feed the homeless this Saturday. Should be very fun, I'm excited. A lady at GCC, CS, who helps out with middle school, has been very involved in ministries to the homeless around Baltimore, Columbia and DC. She has hooked up with the guy who runs CSM in DC and he pointed her to three parks that would be safe for middle schoolers. So she took the initiative to invite certain kids to this thing on Saturday, and I think she is going to do more stuff centered around homeless people and students. It's very cool, she really has a heart for the intersection of both. I'm excited to see how it grows, and it will be a neat module to SPACE, or something similar.
Of course, on Saturday, everything else in the world is happening too. We have our Parents Panel we are participating in. We'll have to go tell these folks we have no idea about what we are doing as parents, seeing as E has climbing all over furniture to steal whatever she is not allowed to have. Markers, chocolate candy, medicine. Tonight I found a dropper and an empty bottle of Infant Tylenol Cold. Good thing most of it was already gone. No wonder she took a nap today...
Saturday's plans also include a neighborhood potluck, which will be great fun, with awesome food. And I have a production release I have to work. That's not always fun, but its a living. And a good chance to have some good conversations with the people I work with.