Wednesday, July 04, 2007

At The Time

I spent this morning hanging out at a ...yes.... vacation Bible school. If you've hung around me long enough, you know I'm not a huge fan of pre archictected curriculum. Granted, I know not everyone [nor me] can write their own material... but I say, if you can come close, you should.

In any case, there is a cool church down the street from us that is running a VBS this week. And it just happens that the curriculum they are using is the same one we are helping out with in Hungary later this summer. So we signed our girls up to go to it, so they could have some fun and so we could spy. Well, not really on the 'they could have fun' part. [I'm kidding]

Our girls are having an absolute blast and the people I met at the church this morning we so kind and welcoming. The church also seemed to really have a heart for the world, integrating one of their own visiting [long term, involved in Bible translation in Burkina Faso - where there are over 60 some languages] missionary families into the VBS program.

Second funniest thing this morning - a kid's shirt that read, "At the time, it seemed like a good idea." Could be a SPACE motto.

First funniest thing this morning - someone was talking to K and pointed at me and asked her, "Is that your older brother?"

Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment