Friday, January 14, 2011

Leadership Collective - T minus 14

Every year, GRACE gathers her leaders in January for some leadership development. In the past, it was called the Leadership Summit and content consisted of video material from the Willow Creek Leadership Summit, supplemented by some content from our lead pastor and other staff. This year, I'm on a team that has reinvented the event, now called the Leadership Collective.

It looks a lot different this year: there is a video from Seth Godin about tribes and the status quo [with our new middle school pastor complementing this talk], we have 6 speakers from within GRACE who will share their story about the status quo they saw and what they did about, a session on teams from my friend Dale Swinburne, time for teams to reflect together and a session from our lead pastor Mark Norman. It's coming together nicely.

As something I've never done before, I'm not sure if I'm really liking this kind of stuff or not. I'm sure we'll see in the next few weeks. One thing for sure - it's a stretching experiencing for me. And that's valuable in and of itself.

Here's a quick snapshot of where we are at right now:
+ decided on specific elements in the venue - projectors, stage, etc.
+ worship band, speakers, tech team all committed
+ program booklet - in process
+ mixers - decided upon
+ volunteer spots - decided - need to recruit people for these
+ dj is confirmed [my favorite one]

1 comment: