Wednesday, June 16, 2010

RIP Calvin

I had a lot of fun times with Calvin such as:

- A few times we took him to CT and my grandmothers house. We took him to a park called Owen Fish.

- We took him at least once to my other grandmothers house and we played in the backyard together.

- Kt and i would fed him tunafish and peanut butter. We would let him lick peanut butter off the spoon. One year we celebrated his birthday by giving him peanut butter covered dog treats in Kt's bed.

- I also remember the last time i saw Calvin. I remember seeing his tail wag.
[The above was written by Em, aged 9.]

Calvin was our 15 year old maltese. I've always been a dog lover, I still remember begging my parents for a dog many, many times. Calvin was the first dog I ever had, Dea and I got him shortly after we were married. Unlike my parents, she relented.

I've got some thoughts about death, maybe I'll write about them later. In the meantime, this and this, among other things, have helped in the past few months.

2 comments:

  1. pets become so much a part of our lives...I'm sorry Calvin had to go, but it sounds like you have a lot of happy memories with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks deana - very very true. we are relieved more than anything, he was so old.

    ReplyDelete