Sunday, July 18, 2004

Signs and Wonders in Technology

Been thinking about this whole signs and wonders issue.... I got to thinking this weekend a bit about it in the context of work... Where we work with computer systems mostly, and how this whole signs and wonders issue would translate to technology.
Jesus healed people, raised people from the dead, and all kinds of stuff like that. Could it be possible that there is also a realm between Heaven and Hell that exists in technology? Can this idea of the excluded middle also deal not only with where the physical and spiritual meet, but also in the context of technology issues, ie. computer systems, high tech devices, stuff like that?
I think it can... I posted earlier this year about how everything I did at work was being sabotaged and how it was a spiritual attack. We had computer programs that had been tested multiple times fail when it was their most important run, root causes that could never be determined, all to thwart the efforts of what I was doing both at work and outside of work.
If the realm of the physical, with flesh and blood, can be an intersection where the spiritual works, I think the same can be true of the domain of bits and bytes, disk drives, physical computer memory...
Yesterday, I must have prayed for our release 5 or 6 times throughout the day before it started...

No comments:

Post a Comment