Thursday, July 22, 2004

Middle school trip

I will be gone tomorrow until Sunday with my second missions trip of the summer. Thats an intersting statement. Does that mean that the rest of my summer is spent 'not on mission?' It reminds me of what they said at Origins, that using the word 'missions' can compartmentalize the idea of every Christ follower being called to mission. Anyway, that's where I will be.
My goals:
- band these kids together with this common experience
- expand their perspective with what a missionary is
- call them to a life of mission and impact

What I've got in mind besides the work projects:
- blind volleyball
- two adult leaders talking about service and unpacking it from inside/outside (holiness, obedience, service, engaging relationships)
- swimming
- mini golf
- a fun, spy type, strategy game that I'm going to make up on the drive up.
Along these same lines, one of the students said to me that they didn't get surprised when I made up plans spur of the moment. Haha I thought that was funny. Cemetaries are the most organized place on the earth, because they are dead. Haha.

Special thanks to Leslie who wrote the devotional guide. Good stuff. (Also the first time that I have linked to a student blog. Leslie you are now famous)

Also, this blog will probably hit the 1000 visitor sometime today or tomorrow. That will be fun. If you know its you, drop me an email and I'll send you a funny digital gift. or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment