Sunday, November 26, 2006

Need a Chinese Bible?

"The greatest missionary is the Bible in the mother tongue. It needs no furlough and is never considered a foreigner." - William Cameron Townsend [founder of Wycliffe Bible Translators]
Amy M emailed me a few weeks ago and asked if I could get my hands on a Chinese Bible for a friend of her brothers. A day after that, I got an email update from Brigada Today and in it was details about a Chinese Bible from the Digital Bible Society on CD. Hmm interesting. So I ordered one.

The CD is free and once you get one, you can reproduce as many as you want to give away. And the CD appears to have tons of stuff on it, including 3 searchable Chinese Bibles, two full commentaries, the whole New Testament in audio [in Mandarin], over 200 Christian Books and a bunch of other stuff. I say appears because even though I am Chinese, I can't read a lick of it. Definitely one area of my upbringing I wish I would have stayed engaged with.

If you think you could use one of these CDs, check out the link. Or, I will be more than happy to burn you one and put it in the mail to you - get in touch via email or comment.

And I think the words in the graphic are John 3:16. Isn't that cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment