Wednesday, August 18, 2004

spiritual gifts test

One of the things that is great about my role within our youth ministry is that I get to help students develop. I did it as a dteam leader, especially as our guys got older. I think I will get to do this even more in the role as mission coordinator, which is really fun, because I love to dialogue with students about their future, their talents, etc.
One thing I have done is the spiritual gifts inventory. I think it's fun to see how God wired you, as well as talking about different places in the Body you have loved or hated to serve.
This is a pretty good test that I have found. It's long, but I think it gives a good bearing. Like with all these kinds of tests, you have to take the results with a grain of salt. This one is nice too because it's an rtf file that you can print out and give someone to take.

2008-06-17 update:
Since I've had a few readers find this post, here is an update. Looks like the test was taken down due to copyright issues. In the meantime, may I suggest having your students take the Myers Briggs temperament indicator as well as the StrengthsFinder test. Neither are spiritual gifts assessments, but will certainly be just as insightful towards how your students are wired. In my experience of late, these combination of these two tests [and processing it in teams] as more valuable than a spiritual gifts inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment