Monday, August 23, 2004

2003-2004 closeout

Well I finally can close out the school year that has just past. Most of you youthworkers out there are already thinking about 2004-2005. With our party last night, I feel like I can finally move on to next year, and I know I'm already way late. Oh well. It's just a different cycle.
We have a youth min leaders retreat this coming weekend. It should be a lot of fun, I'm excited about it. Part of my responsibility will be to make sure youthworkers know about SPACE, get them excited about it, because if they are excited, their kids will be too. It's also soliciting ideas, building relationships, throwing up some potential.
The other responsibility I have is to run one of the breakout sessions on Friday evening. We have tapped some veteran youthworkers from the ministry to talk about specific things they get excited about and we are doing round robin style for 10 minutes at a time. Some of the ideas - building grade level unity, apologetics, student leader stuff. And mine is something about service and mission. In other words, I have a bit of work to do on it. But I'm excited, it's always fun to talk about your passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment