Friday, June 06, 2008

Contrasts

Yesterday was a day of contrasts.

In the morning, I got a wonderful email amidst all the other stuff flying back and forth about the silent auction. This email was amazing - so humbling, so encouraging, so passionate. I probably read it 6 or 7 times and it made me sweat, it was that powerful.

In the afternoon, I learned of the passing of a middle school student in our community. Although I didn't know her or much about her situation, I knew lots had been praying for her and donating blood on her behalf. And in the midst of that kind of news, all of this - raising support, training and sending teams, empowering leaders - seems extremely trivial to losing a 12 year old daughter, sister, friend.

This is the current state of humanity. Joy and sorrow. Beauty and tragedy. Life and death. I think, and sometimes I'm not sure, it's worth fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment