Saturday, March 13, 2004

Praying for Missionaries
Bob just posted some great suggestions here. It's nice to read about missions on someone besides just me. Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only one concerned with mobilizing students for missions. I mean, that would be okay too, but it's nice to see someone else write about it too.
He's right. It's way too easy for us to give money to missions and then forget about it. Expanding on that, I think we in the American church think that as long as we are giving money to it, it is ok. Meaning that anything related to 'missions' must be a good thing. When in fact, that is untrue. Missions, just like anything else in ministry, needs to have some kind of accountability associated with it. Otherwise, we might end up spending 80% of our resources where it isn't needed, and only 20% on what is really strategic. Oh wait - that is what we are doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment