Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Year of the Monkey
Unfortunately, I'm not usually very big on Chinese New Year. And I'm Chinese!! It's pretty sad all in all. And if you know me, you know that the only Chinese culture I have in me is eating chinese food. I've tried to be better about it. I chose a people group in China for my Perspectives final paper, and been trying to expose my kids to more Chinese culture. But it's still bad. I've also often thought what kind of impact I could make as a Chinese person living here in the states, maybe Chinese youth ministry, or something like that. It really is a big culture difference, moreso than I ever used to think.
So this year, I took the girls to a Chinese New Year celebration they had at our county library. It was pretty cool, lots of little crafts, and a few little demonstrations and shows. They seemed to enjoy it. You can see pictures of them here.
Also, this is a cool link to see a Quicktime VR of the NYC Chinatown celebration.


No comments:

Post a Comment