Monday, October 08, 2012

Help One Now - Haiti Blogger Team


I first met Chris Marlow in Philly in early 2010 when he hung out and graciously spoke with some students during an Ember experience. Chris has got the great combination of a passion for the marginalized and the resolve to execute. I've since watched from afar as his organization, Help One Now, has done some great things to serve those less fortunate.

Just as important, Chris has been a leading voice helping all of us understand the role of charity, so as not to create unhealthy dependencies with those we serve, but to help them in the best possible ways.

Chris and his Help One Now team are in Haiti starting today for a week. I'll be following along with his team's blogs this week. I know I'm going to learn some stuff - you might too.

No comments:

Post a Comment