::: New Yorkers in 2108
- This city is all about intensity of purpose and connections, and technology will only make it more efficient and more fluid. And in a city that is so multicultural, communication will be easier. A hundred years from now, you and I could be having a conversation in two languages and translation would be automatic.And, did you know that the New York City Department of Sanitation has an anthropologist on staff?
- Because I think we will lose the battle with global warming, and because I think a nuclear device will be exploded somewhere on the planet, New York will be quite a different place.
- I have a genuine optimism about New York in 2108. The city will be the international city to live in. It’s just that we won’t be able to afford it. The financial capital of the world will be probably Dubai or Beijing, and New York will be owned by Chinese and Arab investors, among others.
::: The Futurist on The Top 10 Forecasts for 2008 and Beyond
- Water will be in the twenty-first century what oil was in the twentieth century.
- The number of Africans imperiled by floods will grow 70-fold by 2080.
- More decisions will be made by nonhuman entities.
::: Top Ten Transhumanist Technologies
Either very scary or very exciting.