Monday, March 07, 2011

When You Were Called

Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. - I Cor 1:26
A few people have asked me what kind of family did I come from. They assume that passion comes from environment. Let me be the first to assure you, my family history - as I'm finding out more and more everyday - was kind of a wreck. I've been kidding over the past year or so that I'm a 'miracle child.' It's partially a joke and partially true - among other issues, I came from a family that had 0 interest in Christianity. To see who I was when I was called and my experience up until now - no other explanation except to boast in the Lord [v.31].

Some of you are on this path written by the apostle Paul - you are incredibly wise for your age, you are influencing influencers, you are noble by your character. Don't forget to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment