Friday, December 23, 2011

14

Dear Kt,

When I was 14, the same age that you are turning today, I decided to follow Jesus which was a decision that marked everything else in my life. I'm happy to say that God has captured your life a lot earlier than mine and therefore, you'll make much more of an impact than I ever will.

When I was 14, I didn't care about much, unlike you. I didn't care about people who had less than me, both emotionally, physically, or spiritually. I didn't care about little kids and who would serve them, who would teach them, who would model maturity to them. I didn't care about far away cultures and how the more fortunate could contribute to systems to help the less fortunate gain economic footing.

But you are 14 and you care about those things. I think you care about the right things. Happy Birthday. Love, DAD

4 comments:

  1. Really? Holy smokes you're old, Tony. :)

    It's been fun to watch your family grow up from a distance. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe thanks dennis, i think LOL.

    and watching your family grow up too! one of these days we are going to meet face to face. merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KT, that's the same age I came to Christ too- and your "old man" had a big hand in that. You've got a great father, follow his example!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha old man. you are bad.

    thanks KD. appreciate you man.

    ReplyDelete