Friday, May 06, 2005

Time off from the day job

I've had the past two days off from the day job. It's been great, after literally only having two days off during all of April. Ridiculous. Corporate America makes us no promises and I don't know why so many of us forget that so easily. Maybe it's because of a bi-weekly paycheck that we come to count on. Anyway, it's been a good time off, just not long enough.

I've been doing a lot of preparation for next weekend, The Black Hole. As always, there is a slight logistical detail that needs to be worked out. I'll be spending the upcoming days putting some finishing touches on some notes for our big segment activities, putting together a small reading/devotional guide, and organizing our food and snacks that we will be bringing.

I'm also doing quite a bit of legwork for one of our teams for this summer. Specifically, uh, my team. I've made some good contacts, but I still feel like we are so far away from definite plans.

Yesterday, E and I had to run an errand in the city, sort of. Silver Spring, MD, is right on the outskirt of Washington DC. We had lunch in a little deli that had been there for over 30 years. There is such energy in cities, so hustle and bustle, such a mix of people and motivations. The picture here is a suburban preschooler awed at the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment