Wednesday, January 07, 2015

The Strengths That Bind

On the last day of 2014, we finally were able to execute on an idea that my wife has had for a few years - having our extended family take the StrengthsFinder assessment. If you've been around here for long, you know how much I love the tool and it's ability to fast forward relationships, help make teams better and actualize leadership.

Now we know a lot more about why my family does what they do. Like the value of getting along to my sister in law Stef and her husband [they both have Harmony] and how my mother in law Cheryl spent decades in the field of education [Developer and Empathy], and why my brother in law Doug researches everything in fine detail [Maximizer].

You also might know that I have a large graph of everyone that I know who has taken the assessment listing their top 5 [and even people I don't know...] The picture here is a piece of it. Sometime last year, I re-arranged it based on the 4 domains - sometimes when working with teams, this perspective can help.

Talking about your talents and strengths might be a great way to start the new year with people you are close to or work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment