Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Intern Field Trip - The Bridge

The interns and I visited The Bridge this past weekend. Jumaine Jones and I met originally in Oct, 2007 and I had been meaning to drop in ever since then. Really fun to see the Majestic theater and to worship with their community.

Downtown Silver Spring is always interesting to me - I remember it when I was a kid, I worked there in the mid 90s and lots of urban revitalization going on there now. In light of the redevelopment and the move from suburban to more urban, it's fun to watch a community like The Bridge grow there.

The interns also got a quick few minutes to chat with Jumaine about ministry, church planting and their future. This is one of the objectives of the internship - exposure to different expressions of the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment