Sunday, May 22, 2005

Weekend - more setup

The best thing that happened to me this weekend was my work schedule got cancelled. When I felt like I was at the end of my rope, God intervened. It was, finally, not more than I could bear.

A lot of this weekend was more set up for the summer. This included some PR at both middle and high school services this morning, consisting of me giving a quick announcement. It's not an ideal situation because it makes going to church hard on the family. Yet, the lack of a presence and information about these trips with students is also a reason why we could get more kids involved.
Also had a meeting tonight with a group of core kids for the DC mission days. Good group, lots more than I expected, I loved it. Got some kids that haven't been involved with SPACE before. It is as much about building this DC experiment as well as setting up for the next school year as well as building into some key kids for the next few summers.

The Brazil team now has four leaders and two students signed up. It is a viable team.

No comments:

Post a Comment