Monday, September 27, 2004

"Take a Cookie"

This is a blog that I have just started reading recently. Most of it talks about entrepreneurship which is really good for me. I'm not known for being the most risk inclined person. So it's fun to read, if for nothing else, that I could never do something like that... Haha.
Anyway, in this post, he writes about taking opportunities when they are presented and not knowing where they might lead. I think it's a really good principle.
D and I were just talking about that the other night. About a month ago, I had been offered to speak on a middle school retreat. Due to some day job complexities, I didn't think I could do it. After the time came and went, of course, the day job details had worked themselves out and I would have been able to make the engagement after all. And then my friend M offered the 10 minute speaking thing from last Saturday. And my first response was a no to that one too.
But now, I'm glad I did it. Even if it didn't lead to anything else.
Read the post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment