Monday, March 18, 2019

UMBC Cru

Over the past 10 years or so, I have spoken at UMBC Cru a handful of times. It's a funny intersection for me since I actually went to school there. I got a graduate degree from there and was there from 1991-1993, but was never involved in any campus ministry. The Cru gatherings are actually in the same Engineering building that I spent lots of time in which is both weird and funny.

I've always loved the community of students there. Very down to earth and unpretentious, but clearly pursuing a journey of faith and wanting to change their campus and the world for the better. I was asked to speak on ethnic diversity, the specific topics being the Biblical basis for diversity, appreciating diversity and stewarding privilege well. I hoping the talk was well received and I got some very kind comments after the talk.

Not 12 hours later, news of the New Zealand mosque shootings made their way around the world. Lord help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment