Monday, October 05, 2015

Nashville - Trips with Dad - 2015 #3

At the end of 2014, I decided to be a little more intentional about time with my kids, culminating in a decision to take each one of my kids [and my wife] on a trip, just the two of us, in 2015. This was the third of these, a trip with Emily our younger daughter, to Nashville, TN for a long weekend.

The highlight of the weekend was seeing the Taylor Swift show on Saturday night. I am unashamed about being a Taylor fan and had high expectations for the show and Taylor did not disappoint. I don't think you can help but be inspired by her - she is using her intention, talents and gifting to architect an amazing experience for her fans and you can tell that she is having the best time doing it. An amazing entertainer. We should all strive to use our talents like she uses hers.

Here are some other random travel notes:
+ The city is booming. Part of why, from our previous visit in 2014.
+ We didn't have time to visit a church but I have a short list. Nashville also seems to be an epicenter for a lot going on with global missions - churches, leaders, communities.
+ Not only an epicenter for global missions, but my friend Ben Arment relocated his STORY conference here too this year. I would have loved to attend but it was a few days after we left.
+ The Opryland hotel is something to do once but probably not worth it after that.
+ I cashed in some miles for the flights which helped with the budget.
+ We took advantage of meeting a mutual friend at Belmont University as well as getting a little tour from her [Hi Haile!]. Our older daughter is thinking about Belmont for school and it was fun to see it in person. I was impressed with the campus and the ethos of the student community there.
+ There is live music everywhere. Any restaurant in the airport, of course in the clubs downtown, and in the McDonalds around the corner from our hotel.
+ Union Station is an old train station converted into a hotel - the lobby is worth a visit.
+ We drove out of the city a little bit to see the blood moon but there was too much cloud cover.

Trips with Dad 2015 has been a phenomenal success. I feel super fortunate to have been able to have adventures with each of my girls individually and the time together has been a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment