Monday, November 28, 2011

2012 in dreams

Ember is looking at trying to facilitate two or three or four experiences this summer. Yes, it seems like we are biting off more than we can chew. But that's okay, I believe in big goals.
1 - indigenous leadership development in a developing country
2 - urban suburban partnership
3 - church planting
4 - local [in terms of physical distance for us] service and nonprofit orgs [and not really a full experience]
5 - [one off project - tell you more about this later]

The caveat here is that each one of these is still developing. I'm almost sure all of these won't fly but I'm dreaming here...

I'm sharing these as dream projects because I believe that if you are engaged with the emerging generation and the changing landscape of global missions, these four ideas need to be on your radar too: contextual, indigenous leadership development; cities and urbanization [yeah, you don't want me to go on about this]; church planting; and serving near where you live with orgs already making an impact. More on these later.

No comments:

Post a Comment