Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Bible and Life

Jeremy tagged me with this meme, about living out Scripture, so here it goes.

:: John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
The summer after I decided to follow Jesus, I met a guy who embodied life. To him, and then to me, Christianity wasn't an affair for those who didn't want to have any fun. In fact, he became my first real example of someone who lived a full, no regret and fun life. Since then, I can tell you that my life has been much richer because I have decided to follow Jesus, and not just on the fun scale.

:: Genesis 12:2-3
I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.
Somehow, God is reliant upon us make the world a better place. And the charge for us is to bless because we have been blessed. And no doubt, I have been richly blessed and because of that, I have a responsibility.

:: Joel 2:28
And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
I want to be an old man that dreams God sized dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment