Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Teaching at Perspectives - Trying to Be Awesome

I'm teaching Lesson 12 at two different Perspectives classes this semester and next semester so I've spent the past few days getting my notes ready. If you have been around for a long while, you know that Perspectives changed everything for me.

At its core, it is a class about global missions. But for me, in 2003, after over a decade of working with students, it brought to light a fundamental question - how can we help students lead better in the future no matter what culture they find themselves in? Asking that question started the past ten years of what you read about here.

I've realized that I've been privileged to have some phenomenal experiences with some precious people - those experiences have all been amazing gifts. Maybe you should think about taking Perspectives too - it just might send you on an amazing trajectory as well. Here's hoping my two lessons will be awesome, like one of my mentors suggests.

For those of you that are local, Perspectives starts on January 14, 2014 at Grace Comm Church in Fulton, MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment