Friday, March 25, 2011

One Sentence

I'm a big fan of Andy Stanley's Leadership Podcast. You should at least listen to a few of these - there is always one or two ideas that grab me. One of the concepts I love is the 'one sentence job description.' I haven't executed on it a lot, but I know it has a lot of value.

Those of you that have been here a while know that there was a very large transition with Grace's global missions in terms of the teams, vision and strategy. I'm serving in an advisory role - there are three of us in this role, giving guidance and support to Patti Hewat, the missions director [although she probably needs a new title.]

Here's the one sentence description she has given me:
Provide accountability and support to Patti, bringing your unique gifts of embracing current culture and the cutting edge, discipleship and passion for generational involvement.

If you influence people, you might consider writing one sentence descriptions for those you serve with.

No comments:

Post a Comment