Tuesday, March 01, 2011

March Kindling

+ Summer mission team preps are upon us. My opinion - the best prep unifies your team through shared experiences. Let us know if you think Ember can help.
+ We are casting the net far and wide for interns for 2011-2012. The ideals: you are doing it for school credit, you are a high school junior/senior, you come highly recommended by someone I know and trust, and you live in another city. Not sure how it will work virtually, but I'm willing to expend a lot of effort to try. More info here.
+ A weekly small group of older adults has invited me and the fam to come over one evening and talk about Ember. How fun is that?
+ GRACE has 2 student teams this summer - DC and Tecate, Mexico. Lots of parents had questions about implied safety for the latter. Loved the response of one of the leaders: "You know, you don't HAVE to send your kid on this trip."
+ 2010 interns are making plans - one in Kenya and the other possibly another African country. The actual intended idea was that they would come back and work with me forever. Well, ok, maybe not.
+ I'm so enamored with youth pastors - I still think it's such a unique and holy calling with so much impact. I forget that sometimes, there are youth pastors who are getting paid to not do much.

No comments:

Post a Comment