Wednesday, January 12, 2011

GLG - Context and Culture

Context and Culture
In 1993, I spent some time in the Dominican Republic. I learned a little bit about the culture while I was there, facts like chicken feet is a delicacy, softball is kind of a big deal and the nightlife is something else. Unfortunately, I only went to a food market once, never saw a softball game and didn't step foot into a nightclub. Our lodging was in a missionary building, designated for visiting missionary teams, where we lived among ourselves with no exposure to Dominican culture. Sad. Even now, I regret not experiencing at least one of those things in person, knowing that any one of them would have given me valuable lessons about the people of that beautiful country.

I'm posting some writing from a global student leadership guidebook that I'm working on. Let me know if you are interested in the progress of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment