Lots of fun happenings at the international office of late:
- LesileB moved in a few weeks ago and we've had a lot of fun hearing about her DTS as well as doing some planning for Hungary. We have a story from Leslie every night for dinner and each night our girls look more forward to it. She's also helping run the first SPACE prayer gathering with KevinGN this Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to that.
- We are getting ready for Mission Advance this week. One of our awesome parents has taken the point on the food - now I feel like I don't have much to do. Actually, I have some scheduling, leader investment and big picture stuff to do, but it all seems quite manageable at this point. I'm sure that will change on Thursday. HA.
- We welcomed Dave and Britt last night, originally from Louisiana, en route from Aix-en-Provence, France, where they served with our mutual friend Megan. While Britt is doing some training for her Teach for America stint [we haven't met her yet], Dave is hanging at our house while looking to get settled in Baltimore. Not only are they good friends with our CA friends, Dave spent 9 months living in Cameroon, 6 weeks of that in Yaounde. Interesting similarity huh?
- Lots of energy in our house - fun for the extrovert [me], a tad exhausting for the introvert [D].
- Swim team - tool of the devil or just plain fun? It's been really good for our two kids, daughters of probably the most non-competitive people alive. Although it's ridiculously early for Shengs [yeah yeah, probably normal time for you], it's been fun to see our kids have that sense of accomplishment after you are crazy nervous about doing something uncomfortable while trying your best.
- Had a fun Father's Day which included EllyK's graduation party, watching the first Raiders of the Lost Ark and the fam got me a Germany soccer jersey.