Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Mister I Ain't Got Nothing But It's More Than You Got

For some reason, I've been listening to selected tracks from Rattle and Hum over and over for the past few weeks. It probably has something to do with the CD mix I made entitled, "Fun with D's Subwoofer." [I almost like the title more than the mix.]

Specifically, tracks 3, 8, 9, 13, 14 and 16. Man.

Bono has of course been getting a lot of press for the past few years with Africa, The One Campaign and Product RED. But I remember Live Aid, the Amnesty International tour, and lyrics about apartheid. You remember apartheid right? Which is now history... It's interesting to talk to K about the race issues around the world in the past - she gets pretty incredulous that the world could ever operate like that. That same idea is what has me so stoked about the ideas in The End of Poverty - my kids would be able to say "Well people used to live like that but my friends and I helped end it." And... you do think that your kids and my kids are going to be a part of it, don't you??

And about Bono, passion that endures.

No comments:

Post a Comment