Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Week 2 at Corp1.3

Posting about your job on your blog is a terrible idea, unless its your job to write about your job on your blog about your job. But I can tell you that I'm having an absolute great time at the new job. It's just about everything I was hoping for.

It's a really great technical environment. I'm learning a lot about some very cool technology and getting some great experience in that regard - a nice change of pace away from the role of management and back into being an engineer. Every person that I have met so far has been extremely friendly, kind and helpful - and I don't think that is just because I'm new. I think these people act like this all the time - and not just because someone is telling them how to act. Finally, there is huge element of dignity - the work matters and is important, but staff is not simply a means to an end. And it seems like there are always free meals or snacks.

I realize I'm only in my second week there and that, like life, it is probably not going to be so great all the time. But so far, I'm having a lot of fun and really enjoying my new job. And work is one way we create - like in the image of the Creator.

PS - Related to job and work, go listen to the message by Nancy Ortberg [husband of John, who has written a few books] entitled, "Jesus and Your Job." It's got some great concepts such as "watching breathtaking leadership" and "the nobility of service." [via DJ]

No comments:

Post a Comment