Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Reentry with Tom Cruise

So many things in the past few days have reminded me of Cameroon for some strange reason. The Ghost is trying to blow some embers and I'm getting excited for the next season of SPACE come January. You should be too.

The biggest reminder, oddly enough, was the release of Mission:Impossible:III on DVD last week. I've been a huge fan of the movies [global destinations, cool gadgetry and the epic battle for good and evil] and will eventually buy it used. I watched this movie on the plane ride home between Paris and the US and watched it with ESunde, my amazing intern that continued to be an amazing leader - who incidentally is going to China for a few weeks in January. We sat together for three out of the four flights - alphabetized tickets.

In many ways, I had just finished an incredible mission - Africa, blessing one of our own, students that invested so much in others, a rich time of debriefing and reentry in Paris. In a weird way, watching that movie was part of my personal reentry. Hey, people have certainly done more unconventional debriefings...

From the "I'd Rather Be In Africa" facebook group.
- it doesn't seem right to pay the asking price on anything in a store. If you can't barter for it, it's not worth having.
- four cars are driving parallel to each other on a one-lane road.
- cramming 7 passangers in a 4 passenger taxi is really not a big deal.
- carry purell like it's your life supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment