Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day

To all you mothers - hope today has been great. It's been a little hectic around here - as some of you might have read on D's blog - but in the end, I think it turned out okay. Suffice to say, the Senior weekend was a big success [more on that later,] balancing family with other not-nearly-as-important-stuff [including students in NYC] is always tough and I have a whole mess of Mega Cup puddings on my counter.

My mother believed to her dying day that it was a sad woman indeed who didn't have a young child somewhere in her life. She also felt there was no excuse for not having one. If you didn't have one hand, you could get one - in Sunday school, in a church nursery, a pintsize human who lives down the street - all the while, relieving a young mom and adding something worth more than a hill of beans to your life. She'd tell you that you could find a child almost anywhere you find a lot of life. But find one indeed. Because to her you would be a miserable soul if you lost touch with children. I am deeply indebted to my mother for teaching me that one way to be rich was to be rich in children. And, thank goodness, they don't have to be your own. - Beth Moore


Technorati tags:: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment