Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Kawasaki's Speaking Tips

Speaking tips from Guy Kawasaki - who has a great blog. Here are some of the ones that I made an impression on me. Hopefully, they may help you too. More here.
Focus on entertaining.
Overdress.
Pre-circulate with the audience.
Ask for a small room.
Practice and speak all the time. My theory is that it takes giving a speech at least twenty times to get decent at it. You can give it nineteen times to your dog if you like, but it takes practice and repetition. As Jascha Heifitz said, "If I don't practice one day, I know it. If I don't practice two days, my critics know it. If I don't practice three days, everyone knows it."

A few things that hit me:
- I'm not big on dressing nice. Just ask D, haha. Its probably more important than I make it out to be.
- Pre-circulate. Great idea.
- Practice it 20 times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment